Since before we even MOVED IN to this house I have had the plan of painting these flowers on Macy's walls that match little sham pillows on her bed. Macy has also been anxiously awaiting them. We moved in last July, promptly painting and bead boarding and decorating everything else; but the flowers required artistic ability I was not ready to dive into alone... so the blank blue walls waited patiently for someone less insecure and timid (aka : Chicken) to come along and permanently mark them up. Fast forward 10 months and that someone was Ellie Grover...(see next post) and Macy was thrilled! Ellie drew the flowers in pencil and then finally last weekend I painted them! Yay! I am so glad this project is done and I'm happy with the outcome. When Macy woke up from her nap to her 'beautiful flowers' she also, was thrilled....

"Oh mommy, I love my flowers!"

"Wow! I love my beautiful room!"

"We should send Ellie a thank you card mommy!"

And my personal favorite... (you can't tell from the pics but I put little gem stone thingys in the middle of the flowers like the ones on her pillows)
"Oh mommy! I didn't know I was gonna have jewels on my walls, I am the luckiest girl in the whole world!"

Gotta love a grateful heart!
1 comment:
Hi Katie! Love Macy's bedroom...love the picture of her and "Shoogie" before their ballet class! So many fun moments on your blog. And Bellybou looks awesome! I bet you're excited! Hope to see you this summer...love to the MacDiarmids! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
Post a Comment