
Just thought we'd let you know that we're 5 MONTHS OLD already! Time is just flying by and in honor of almost being half a year old we thought we'd hijack mom's blog and brag about some of our latest accomplishments!

First of all, we are really starting to like our Bumbo seats. Which is a big relief to mom cuz I think she's hoping to get rid of the swing and bouncy seat soon. They're in the living room right now, along with the playgym, two exersaucers, blankets, baby toys etc...mom often mumbles something about it feeling like BabiesRUS in here? I dunno what she's talking about, seems just fine to me.

You can't tell from this picture cuz we're really good at dodging all of mom's photo attempts, but we really like looking at each other now. We're so dang cute that we make each other smile, giggle and coo when we make eye contact. Don't judge our enthrallment with each other, we're not conceited. Our cuteness is just plain fact.

Oh and since we've discovered our toes we don't just like to grab our own, we also grab each other's toes (and hands, ears, etc) and try to suck on them if mom puts us close enough together.

My name is Jude. I'm pretty chill and although I like sitting up, I'm kinda still a string bean and I don't fill out the seat quite as well as my beefy brother. I actually prefer to just hang out on my back and kick my legs, maybe play with a rattle or teething toy . I'm happy as a clam just watchin' the world go by. With all the craziness going on in this house, I don't really feel a need to contribute. So long as I'm comfortable I rarely even make a sound except for a coo here and there to say hi to everyone. It's my personal campaign to try and get mom to love me best. That and my goofy gummy smile, she can't resist it.

I'm Noah and I'm a bit more intense but I like to make up for it with my humongous open mouth, dimple filled smiles. Makes 'em all forget about the down right hysterical crying I was doing just minutes before when no one would pick me up. That's one of my favorite games. No but really, I'm a pretty content little guy so long as I get my naps. Both my brother and I are getting really good with our hands, we love those little chain things mom dangles in front of us all the time.

Oh, and I pretty much adore the taste of my fingers. My brother Jude sucks his thumb (he thinks he's cool being all normal and everything). Me, I figure why show favoritism to one finger? Or one hand for that matter? I have 2 hands and 10 fingers, as far as I'm concerned they're all fair game... or I could decide not use any of them at all which is why mom still has to keep my pacifier around at bedtime. She really likes keeping track of that thing for me.

Finally, we're getting suuuper close to being able to hold our own bottles. We don't really understand what all the fuss is about but for some reason when mom first noticed this I thought she might pass out from the sheer elation that shone on her face. I don't get it cuz she sure seems to enjoy feeding us. But I guess she is always popping back and forth between then two of us trying to talk to both of us and look us each in the eyes while we gulp our meals etc, and since we're so big she can only hold one of us at a time, I suppose she feels bad having to prop the other one up with the bottle. When we can hold it ourselves maybe she'll feel a little less guilty. So we're workin' on that one for her.

Speaking of eating. We've started solid foods and are doing pretty well with them. Bananas, peas, sweet potato, all so good! We also really like to roll from our tummies to our backs and we do it often in the middle of the night so that we can wake up, scream bloody murder and need mom or dad to come flip us back on our stomachs. We've chosen not to learn how to roll from back to stomach yet. Seeing mom or dad in the middle of the night is still much much too fun.
Well, I guess that's about it for now. But don't worry, we're working hard on new tricks everyday. Thanks for letting us share, we're like the smartest 5 month old babies ever, knowing how to blog and all; talk to you later!
3 comments:
Yay! Love the updates...and look at me!!! I'm commenting on your blog!!!!! :) hehe
Holy updates! Love it : )
So fun to read about each of your precious kiddos. You are an amazing Mom!!!
Post a Comment