Pages

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

An Update.

(I actually took these the night Jude and Macy got sick, before anything had gone down. Random I know but I was messing around with the camera..anyway, when I went back and saw them I felt I simply had to post the sweet unsuspecting innocents just before life came tumbling down around us)



So last week was not fun, we ended up ducking for cover almost all of it.

After I posted about Jude and my worries at what my lack of a healthy fear of germs may end up causing our family, I went to sleep. For...all of an hour or so before I end up holding Macy's hair back for the rest of the night. She was the next to fall victim to the puking, right smack in the middle of our carpeted hallway (on her way to tell me her tummy hurt). It was very very sad...but atleast the rest of the time she aimed perfectly for the bowl. Sweet thing.

Tuesday, once Ryan got home mid afternoon and I informed him of all the fun he'd missed, I laid low at home with the sickies (Macy and Jude) and Ryan took Carter and Cooper out for most the rest of the day. It was at this point I decided upon my conclusion that sharing spoons does not infact matter one tiny bit. After all, Macy and Jude did not swap spit and they were the two hit...so far.

After an uneventful (in the best way) Tuesday evening and night we thought we were in the clear. All day Wednesday supported our belief that we had gotten off easy, two down and already back up again, the other four doing just fine... That was until we loaded up all kiddos in the car after a Wednesday evening at John's Incredible Pizza. As I buckled Cooper in his seat I looked at his face and just knew it was coming. Vomit. Over and over again filling up his carseat like a faucet fills a sink. We werein the middle of the parking lot. It was a sight to see (and smell)for sure. By the middle of Wednesday night Carter concluded the foursome and then Ryan and I felt unbearably queasy all through Thursday night, heading to bed early with mixing bowls on our nightstands...but we kept our cookies down. :)

And there you have it. The wrap up of a long week that I am glad to have seen close off fairly quickly considering the way winter colds run on and on for months. But the moral of the story (as I'm deciding to see it atleast) is that germs will find you no matter what, so spoon swap away my friends. In my official 'Twin Tip' opinion, it will make no difference :)






See, told you we were feeling better!

(PS - These smiles can be credited to Mr. Carter, who can make his brothers laugh more than anyone else in the world.)

3 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

oh my gosh Katie! What a week! You are seriously a rock star, I can't imagine dealing with the stomach flu x 4. Love your blog & am now following, can't wait to read more.
And, the pictures of the twins in this post...SO stinking cute!!! What great smiles!!!

Sara said...

LOVE the pics!

We had a nasty flu bug that hit the extended Cham family hard this year. I think there were only 3 out of twenty something of us who didn't get it. Lots of puke to go around and it seemed to linger and linger. ew. AND we've had TWO full blown puking sessions in the car, both on the way to Grady 's school. Car seats and puke are the WORST. I feel for you!

oh, and I'm insanely jealous that coco got to see you AND Ellie. so not fair.

Jenny said...

Those smiles just melt me. I love baby boys!