Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

Lunch Fun!

This post is to say HOORAY for Blogger friends! Last week I was in a total funk in the morning. I had zero creative thoughts for the day. Me and my pregnant self were pretty much resolving to just 'survive' the day and simply accept the fact that we would not be winning any 'World's Best Mom' awards; at least not that day. Then I saw Carly's blog about lunch ideas and enjoyed some of the comments already posted, especially one about putting a bunch of different lunch items in all different muffin tins for the kids to eat out of. Fun and easy.
THEN I went to Kaitlyn's blog and read her post on Super Smoothies and although I'd tried the smoothie thing in the past, was completely re-inspired to sneak some of those healthy extras into what would feel like a yummy frozen treat on this particularly sweltering day. And MAN did the kids enjoy it, seriously, combined with getting to choose their own colored straw?! ... it coulda been Christmas!





So, thank you blogger world, for turning a day headed down the drain into a fun afternoon with my kiddos. (I think they thank you too, just look at their faces!)

2 comments:

Carly said...

the muffin tin idea looks very fun! and i am definitely going to try and go the smoothie route this week. yay for blogs :)

The McCarty's said...

Yay, so glad you tried our smoothies. And then we had the suggestions to add kale. I'm going to try that soon. I think Noelle would be into the muffin trays. Yours are so cute though. I think my small pan is really beat up.